Dance Classes for Children Beginning Oct. 3
The Cottey College Department of Dance is pleased to announce that students in the dance program will be offering dance classes for children October 3-26. Classes are intended for beginning level dancers.
Classes offered include the following:
- Creative Movement (ages 4-6), Tuesdays, 4-4:45 p.m.
- Jazz (ages 10-12), Tuesdays, 5-5:45 p.m.
- Jazz (ages 13 and up), Wednesdays, 5-5:45 p.m.
- Pre-ballet (ages 4-6), Thursdays, 4-4:45 p.m.
- Ballet (ages 7-9), Thursdays, 5-5:45 p.m.
- Ballet/Jazz combo (ages 10-12), Thursdays, 6-6:45 p.m.
- Jazz (ages 13 and up), Thursdays, 7-7:45 p.m.
Each class is $30, cash or check only, for four lessons. There is a $5 discount for siblings and a $5 discount if a student is taking more than one course. Any class with fewer than five students enrolled by the first day may be cancelled.
Students should wear comfortable stretchy clothes that are not too baggy. Skirts or dresses must have shorts or pants underneath. Students may dance in bare feet or socks.
Classes will be held in the dance studios inside the Judy and Glenn Rogers Fine Arts Building on the Cottey campus. The Fine Arts Building is located on Austin Boulevard between Main Hall and P.E.O. Hall. Parking is available in the lots behind the Fine Arts Building on Cherry Street.
To register for classes or for more information, contact Professor Jo Byrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-667-8181, ext. 2250. The schedule and information is also available online at cottey.edu/academics/explore-programs/dance/