Professor of Chemistry
- B.S., University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 1984. Major: Chemistry, Minors: Biology, English
- Ph.D. Yale University, 1990. Synthesis and Studies of Bicyclo[1.1.1]pentane Derivatives. Thesis Advisor: Dr. Kenneth Wiberg.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Michigan State University, 1990-1991, in the laboratory of Dr. Stephen Boyd.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Southwest Missouri State University, 1991 – 1996.
- Associate Professor of Chemistry, Cottey College, 1996 – 2003
- Professor of Chemistry, Cottey College, 2003 – present
The interaction of organic molecules with phyllosilicate clays.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Synthesis and intercalation of chain-type polyphenyl compounds;
- Synthesis and intercalation of hydroquinone derivatives.
The use of research in the undergraduate teaching laboratory; writing in the chemistry curriculum; learning communities (currently dance appreciation and introductory chemistry).