Notice to Students Concerning Penalties for Drug Violations
A student who has been convicted of any offense under any Federal or State law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance shall not be eligible to receive any grant, loan, or work assistance under Title IV federal financial aid programs.
If convicted of an offense involving:
|The possession of a controlled substance:||Ineligibility period is:|
|First offense||1 year|
|Second offense||2 years|
|The sale of a controlled substance:||Ineligibility period is:|
|First offense||2 years|
A student whose eligibility has been suspended may resume eligibility before the end of the ineligibility period if
- the student satisfactorily completes a drug rehabilitation program that
- complies with such criteria as the Secretary shall prescribe in regulations, and
- includes two unannounced drug tests;
- the student successfully passes two unannounced drug tests conducted by a drug rehabilitation program that complies with such criteria as the Secretary shall
prescribe in regulations; or
- the conviction is reversed, set aside, or otherwise rendered nugatory.