The Cottey Cares Committee is an all-College committee created to advance the goals of equity, diversity, inclusivity, and a campus climate that is welcoming to all persons at Cottey College, regardless of race, religion, national origin, socio-economic status, age, sexual orientation, gender, ability/disability, and ethnicity. The committee will support and make recommendations to the President’s Council and other offices on campus. Functions of the committee include the following:
- Provide access to diversity education for all members of the Cottey community
- Benchmark Cottey’s policies and practices related to diversity and inclusion against comparable institutions’ policies annually
- Advise on and evaluate policies and practices related to the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Provide periodic review of the College’s statements related to diversity and inclusion to ensure that they are in keeping with the College’s mission
- Monitor College’s climate through surveys and assessment to ensure equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Provide an annual report to the Cottey community on its initiatives and agenda on the intranet
- Facilitate programming that promotes the understanding and respect of difference
- Through programming foster an atmosphere of mutual respect, collegiality, and acceptance of open dialogue among faculty, staff, and students.
- Ensure that constituents operate within the mission and core values of Cottey College including the following values:
Respect Difference by creating a climate of openness and appreciation of a diversity of ideas, perspectives, cultures, experiences, and contributions that comprise a multi-cultural society.
Broaden Global Perspectives by immersing students in new cultures and experiences, and enhancing their understanding of the interconnectedness of our global economy and cultural practices.