Cottey Emergency Notification System
Main Switchboard Telephone: (417) 667-8181
Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
If you are unable to contact your student in an emergency situation, you may try these people.
• P.E.O. Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3050
• P.E.O. Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3001, cellphone: (417) 448-9787
• Reeves Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4050
• Reeves Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4001, cellphone: (417) 448-4168
• Robertson Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5050
• Robertson Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5001, cellphone: (417) 684-5555
• Helen Lodge, Dir. of Housing/Asst. VP for Student Life, (417) 667-6333 ext. 2104, cellphone: (417) 684-0182
• Dr. Mari Anne Phillips, Vice President for Student Life, (417) 667-6333 ext. 2126, cellphone: (417) 448-7466
• Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
Click here for Campus Emergency Procedures flip chart
Notice of Availability of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
Cottey College is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available on Campus Security website at: http://cottey.edu/media/361445/safetyandsecurityreport.pdf.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Office of Student Life at 1000 W Austin Blvd. Nevada, MO, or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 417-667-8181, ext. 2126.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Cottey Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Office of Student Life.