Cottey College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to abide by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Job openings are posted below under faculty, administrative, and hourly listings. Unless otherwise noted in a specific listing, all faculty and academic affairs staff inquiries and applications should be directed to:
Office of Academic Affairs
1000 W. Austin
Nevada, MO 64772
The phone number for the office is 417-667-8181, ext. 2128.
All administrative and hourly inquiries and applications should be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 W. Austin
Nevada, MO 64772
The phone number for the office is 417-667-8181, ext. 2103
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Cottey College, an independent, liberal arts and sciences women’s college in Nevada, Missouri, seeks a dynamic and accomplished leader to be its Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). Working within an academic culture that is collaborative and creative, the VPAA has administrative responsibility for all aspects of the academic program, including planning and implementation; fiscal management; assessment and accreditation; faculty recruitment and development; and academic administrative and support services. Cottey College has recently expanded its offerings to include baccalaureate degrees and is adding programs and service appropriate to that status. A new president will arrive in summer 2015, about the same time the VPAA is expected to take office. It is an exciting time to be at Cottey College.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally-accredited university
- Three years of administrative experience as a dean or associate dean of academic affairs
- Faculty experience at the rank of associate professor or higher
Desired Attributes and Experiences:
- Visionary, innovative leader, thinker, and problem solver
- Demonstrated passion for women’s education
- Experience with accreditation, assessment, and program development
- Exemplary communicator with commitment to consistency of message
- Commitment to shared governance
- Advocate for the faculty and academic programs
- Experience and enjoyment in bringing about change while involving appropriate constituencies
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. For a confidential discussion, interested parties may contact Dr. Wanda Bigham, Senior Consultant, at email@example.com or call 334-425-6865 to discuss the position and the requirements. The position profile can be found at http://academicsearch.com/data/files/cotteyvpaaprofile.pdf and more information about Cottey College can be found at www.cottey.edu.
The position is expected to be filled by July 1, 2015. Applications must be sent electronically in Word format to VPAACottey@academic-search.com and should include a cover letter that addresses the qualifications outlined above, a curriculum vita, and a list of at least five references with contact information, including telephone and email. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate. The position is open until filled, but only applications received by March 30, 2015, can be assured full consideration.
Cottey College is committed to providing equal opportunity to its students and employees in all aspects of campus life. The College does not unlawfully discriminate in educational programs, recruitment and admissions of applicants, school-administrated activities or programs, or employment opportunities, policies, or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
In addition, and in accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Cottey College does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, school-administrated activities or programs, or employment opportunities, policies, or practices.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Art
Cottey College, a private liberal arts college for women, is seeking an adjunct faculty member in art to fulfill an appointment for the 2015-2016 academic year. The selected candidate will teach at least six credit hours per semester.
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Preference will be given to applicants holding an MFA or PhD in related arts practice or theory.
- Experience in teaching the following is preferred: Drawing I, Drawing II, Painting, Survey of Art History I, and Survey of Art History II.
- The ideal applicant will be able to work in tandem with other faculty members within the art department, communicating in regards to curriculum and syllabus issues.
- An ability to work with students of all experience levels is required.
Review of applications begins April 10, 2015 and continues until the position is filled. Send cover letter, resumé/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to Prof. Brianne Fulton, Assistant Professor of Art, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, MO 64772. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 417-667-8181 ext. 2264. EOE
Cottey College, a private liberal arts college for women, is seeking an adjunct faculty member in piano to provide instruction in private lessons and group classes for music majors and non-majors starting August 2015.
Duties of Position:
- Teach group piano classes to second-year music majors. Classes meet twice weekly and include harmonization, transposition, scales, and other techniques that lead to completion of a piano proficiency exam.
- Teach group piano classes to non-majors including beginners, meeting twice weekly.
- Teach private lessons to music majors and non-majors.
- Lead a weekly repertoire (studio) class.
- Communicate with other team members regarding curriculum material and syllabus.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in music is required.
- Experience teaching in a studio or classroom setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and demonstrate techniques to beginning, intermediate, and advanced students.
Review of applications begins March 23, 2015 and continues until the position is filled. Send cover letter, resumé/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to Prof. Theresa Spencer, Music Department Coordinator, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, MO 64772. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: 417-667-8181 ext. 2283. EOE
Head Tennis Coach
Cottey College is seeking a Head Tennis Coach. This is a part-time position. Duties include developing a yearly budget for the Tennis program, recruiting student-athletes, coaching tennis, and complying with the NJCAA rules and regulations. Requires a bachelor’s degree and three years coaching experience. Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and three references to Stephanie Beason, Athletic Director, Cottey College, 1000 W. Austin, Nevada, MO, 64772. email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 417-667-8181 ext. 2237. EOE.
Full-time, 9-month housekeeping position. Monday - Friday. Previous experience in housekeeping or janitorial services preferred. Excellent benefits. Apply in Main Hall, 1000 West Austin, Nevada. EOE.
Click here for a detailed job description.