Student Employment

Federal Work Study: need-based part-time employment in on-campus facilities, such as the library, science labs, computer labs, the dining room, and residence hall reception desks. Awards range from $1,050 to $2,100 per year. Eligibility is determined by completing the FAFSA.

Campus Employment: part-time employment in on-campus facilities. Awards range from $1,050 to $2,100 per year and can be need-based or non-need-based.

Stipend for Resident Assistants: second-year students who are hired as residence hall assistants are paid a monthly stipend totaling $3,250 for the year.


Before a student can begin work, she must fill out the appropriate employment paperwork. All first-year students who will be working on campus will complete employment paperwork during a session at Orientation. Employment paperwork includes the Form I-9, a Missouri State W-4, and a Federal W-4. As part of completing the I-9 form, we are required to examine certain documents, which could include the student’s driver’s license, Cottey ID, social security card, U.S. Passport, birth certificate, etc.