Facts About Single-Sex Education
The Power of an All Women's Education
If you want to be in an environment where you feel:
- more powerful,
- confident in yourself,
- inspired to get involved,
- part of a close community
then a women's college, like Cottey College, is a great choice. Consider the following facts and your decision should be obvious:
- Graduates of women's colleges are more than twice as likely as graduates of coeducation colleges to receive doctorate degrees.
- Nearly half the graduates of women's colleges have earned advanced degrees and 81% have continued their education beyond college.
- Graduates of women's colleges are more successful in careers; they tend to hold higher positions, are happier and earn more money.
Where will you go?
With a track record like we just mentioned, going to Cottey will prepare you to do whatever you want in life. Don't believe us? Look at these numbers:
- On Business Week's list of the 50 women who are rising stars in Corporate America, 30 percent received their baccalaureate degrees from women's colleges.
- 33 percent of the female board members of Fortune 1000 companies are women's college graduates.
- Nearly one-fourth of current female congress members attended women's colleges.
- One of every seven women cabinet members in state government attended a women's college.
- 20 percent of women identified by Black Enterprise Magazine as the 20 most powerful African-American women in corporate America graduated from women's colleges.