Cottey Emergency Notification System
Cottey is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for students, faculty, and staff. The primary use of your contact information will be for campus emergency notifications. To receive notifications by an automated phone call or text message, you must enroll in Cottey’s Emergency Notification system.
Please click below to enroll.
Caller ID: The Call ID will display 417-667-8181, which is the main number for Cottey College.
Live Answer: There is a short pause at the beginning of the message, usually a few seconds. Answer your phone as you normally would; “hello” and hold for the message to begin. Multiple “hellos” will delay the message. Inform all family members who may answer your phone of this process.
Answering Machine: The system will detect that your machine has answered and will play the recording to your machine. The phone will ring for up to 40 seconds. Make sure that your machine answers after four rings or you may miss the message.
Message Repeat: At the end of the message you will be prompted to ‘press any key’ to hear the message again. This is very helpful when a child answers the phone and hands it to a parent, who can then ‘repeat’ the message in its entirety.
Main Switchboard Telephone: (417) 667-8181
Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
If you are unable to contact your student in an emergency situation, you may try these people.
• P.E.O. Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3001
• P.E.O. Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 3050, cellphone: (417) 448-9787
• Reeves Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4001
• Reeves Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 4050, cellphone: (417) 448-4168
• Robertson Hall Receptionist, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5001
• Robertson Hall Director, (417) 667-6333 ext. 5050, cellphone: (417) 684-5555
• Helen Lodge, Dir. of Housing/Asst. VP for Student Life, (417) 667-6333 ext. 2104, cellphone: (417) 684-0182
• Dr. Mari Anne Phillips, Vice President for Student Life, (417) 667-6333 ext. 2126, cellphone: (417) 448-7466
• Campus Security: (417) 448-4139
Click here for Campus Emergency Procedures flip chart