The Honor Code of Cottey College defines and expresses the ethical spirit in which we, the members of the Cottey community, pursue the education of women. Recognizing that a community of learning cannot function well without respect for basic moral order, we also understand that the furthering of excellence requires still greater commitments. Thus, in addition to basic moral principles, we also affirm Virginia Alice Cottey’s emphasis on the development of excellent personal character, and the more specific ethical standards of the professional associations that oversee the conduct and quality of higher education. We, the members of the Cottey College community, commit ourselves to act with:
- Personal responsibility.
- Academic honesty and integrity of word.
- Moral respect for persons and their property.
- Ethical concern for the good of the College community and the broader society of humankind.
Embracing these ideals, we aim for the ongoing fulfillment of the mission of this college as a center of higher, humane learning.
OTHER COTTEY VALUES
- Self-control and self confidence
- Open to learning and growth